Capitol Hill Group Ministry
CHGM is one of the DC area’s most cutting-edge, effective catalysts for change that helps homeless people and those at-risk of becoming homeless transform their own lives. CHGM is known for excellence at providing empowering human services, its highly effective organization, and engagement of our community as partners in its work.
- Guest Services Volunteer: Support our day center’s general operations through direct client services and some administrative tasks (M-F 8am – 1pm and must be 18 +).
- Meal Preparation: Prepare food and share a meal with our guests (Wed/TH, 11am-1pm and must be 18+ or with a parent or guardian).
- Casserole Drop-off: Make a casserole for us to reheat and serve to our guests at Shirley’s Place. Drop off times available M-F 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- HART: Join our Homeless Assistance Response Team and walk the streets of Capitol Hill to hand out food, drinks, and other much-needed items to our homeless neighbors. (Evenings and must be 18+ or 16+ with a parent or guardian.)
Contribute Items for our Street Outreach Team & Shirley’s Place: We accept donations of snacks, toiletries, blankets, socks and underwear to distribute to our homeless neighbors through our Street Outreach Program and at our day center, Shirley’s Place.
- Special Events: Sign up to provide Back-to-School Backpacks, Thanksgiving Baskets, or Christmas gifts to CHGM families and neighbors in need. To support one of our special event drives, please contact Shirley’s Place at 202-544-3150.
Contact: Abby Sypek / 202.544.0631 / email@example.com