Our mission is to cultivate resilience in children experiencing family homelessness by providing and expanding access to transformative play experiences.
PLAY RANGER VOLUNTEERS
- We need weekly playroom volunteers to support children’s play programming for children experiencing homelessness!
- Programs serve children ages 6 months – 18 years old
- All opportunities are Monday – Thursday evenings, 6:30-8:30pm, at various family homeless shelters around DC (see list of locations at playtimeproject.org/locations)
- Through application and placement process, volunteers are placed at one consistent location, age group, and day of the week
- Volunteers commit to serve at an evening program once a week for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be ages 18 years old and above
- Previous experience working with youth and/or vulnerable populations strongly preferred
- Prospective volunteers must attend a training and complete a short application and screening process
ADOPT A PLAYROOM GROUP VOLUNTEERS
- Help us maintain safe playrooms by cleaning and organizing our program spaces and sanitizing toys!
- This opportunity involves some flexibility in scheduling a date, and the possibility of completing the cleaning on a weekend day
- Project lasts 2-3 hours.
- Group of about 5-15 volunteers
- Volunteers need to be ages 12 and up (youth with chaperone)
VOLUNTEERS IN MOTION
- We need volunteers with cars who can commit once a month to move donations from our office to our program locations.
- Interested volunteers will serve on an on-call basis, with the exact dates/times of pick-up and drop-off flexible depending on volunteer availability and amount of donations.
- Volunteers in Motion will join an email list to receive notifications about needs and will sign up for about one shift per month.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Complete background check and sign waiver
Contact: Deborah Sherman, Volunteer Coordinator / 202.329.4481 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: playtime project.org