The Literary Hill BookFest provides a venue for Capitol Hill authors, booksellers, libraries, publishers, and other local groups with a focus on books and writers.
Volunteers are needed for all aspects of BookFest operations, including:
Before the event:
- Publicity/Distribute flyers throughout the city, post messages, etc.
- Facilitation/Help coordinate with participants and volunteers
- Logistics/Assist with pre-event arrangements
Day of the Event:
- Transport/Help convey equipment and supplies to the North Hall
- Publicity/ Distribute flyers and bookmarks at the market and the Metro
- Event Set Up/Help set up tables and chairs, blow up balloons, etc.
- Greeting/Orient visitors to the North Hall
- Author care/Assist writers as needed, staff author talk area
- Kitchen Management/Keep volunteer and author refreshments stocked and organized
- Clean Up/Break down tables, stack chairs, etc.
Contact: Karen Lyon / email@example.com